If you have already purchased a great baby crib, your baby still needs the tender care of a soft and gentle mattress to be really at peace. In other words, your child needs a nice and cozy mattress to comfortably curl up in. Considering the number of crib mattresses available, it’s a difficult choice indeed. One wrong decision could prove disastrous for your child’s delicate skin.
There it is. We said it.
And what if the mattress triggers some allergy? Now that would be a catastrophe, wouldn’t it? To ensure that you choose the best mattress for your kid, here are a few of the best crib mattresses we could reviews. They are all great ones, but we’ll help you select the one that’s perfect for your little loved one.
Let the heavenly dreams begin with this lovely white mattress that’s suitable for virtually any crib. With its vinyl laminated polypropylene outer cover supported by high density thermo-bonded core, it’s a quality product from Safety First. The mattress is Greenguard Gold certified – an endorsement of its high safety standards. It’s lightweight and durable for long-lasting use, throughout your child’s growing years.
- Sturdy cover is water-resistant and easy to clean
- Fabric is tear-resistant, and also resistant to stains and odors
- Vinyl sleeping surface is hypoallergenic, and free of phthalates and lead
- Meets federal flammability standard 16 CFR 1633 without the use of potentially harmful chemicals
- May be somewhat hard if your child’s skin is too soft
You didn’t think you could get something so safe and comfortable for your toddler, did you? It’s really a great bargain for its price, with a strong core made to last years. Nice and firm, you can use it with any crib (well, almost). And cleaning it up is amazingly easy; so if the baby’s diaper leaks overnight, no stress! It’s light and has a zipper that makes cleaning it absolutely simple.
Your baby will simply love curling up in this spring mattress, and that’s a promise. Lightweight, and also light on your pocket, this crib mattress is made of 80 interwoven, heat tempered coils that offer a firm foundation and excellent support. Its antibacterial, waterproof lock-stitched binding helps prevent mold, mildew and odor, and lets your baby dream happily while sleeping on it.
- 2 hypoallergenic layers offer cushioned comfort for infants and toddlers
- 6-gauge steel border wire around perimeter of mattress
- Protective polyurethane foam wrap on each side delivers a plush sleeping surface
- Phthalate-free, triple-laminated waterproof cover is stain-resistant
- Cover is flimsy, makes noise too
- Not firm enough for a toddler and too soft for an infant
The Twilight Spring Coil Mattress is easy on your child’s skin and equally easy to maintain. You can simply wipe it clean with mild soap and water. You’re also going to love its reversible design, with the option of a clean white side and a brown cloud print. With its 10-year limited warranty against manufacturing defects and materials, you’re as easily protected as your child is.
Cozy as its name, the Kolcraft cozy soft mattress will keep your infant totally wrapped in comfort. It has a thick hypoallergenic polyester layer that’s resilient, yet soft, which means your baby will have a comfy mattress that fits a portable crib or even a mini-crib. The waterproof binding keeps liquids out, helping prevent bacteria and mold growth, both inside and out.
- Reinforced, tear-resistant and waterproof embossed cover easily wipes clean with soap and water
- Strapless flat surface design without buckles or long straps for safe use with infants
- Exceeds all flammability, lead, phthalate and CPSIA testing without any use of fire retardants
- Not suitable for use in mesh-sided portable crib or playard
- Functions more as a foam pad rather than a mattress
Definitely the thing for you if you want something that’s 100% hygienic and safe for your child! As a parent, you’re simply going to love the sanitary surface that comes from the waterproofing. And you are also going to like its price!
It’s so cheap that you can call it a steal, for sure. Ideal for use with small and compact cribs, especially as a replacement mattress, the LA Baby crib mattress is filled with high density polyfiber, strengthened by a waterproof vinyl cover that helps keep it fresh.
- Pad is soft and soothing for a child’s gentle skin
- Sturdy and firm; does not fold under a sheet
- Perfect for portable crib
- Not suitable for long-term use in a regular crib
- Difficult to fold and carry
If it’s a small mattress for a tiny little crib that you want, just go for the LA Baby compact mattress. Nothing long-term about it for sure, but then, you’re hardly likely to need a small crib for long. This mattress is good enough to last till your baby outgrows the crib, by which time you’d be ready to throw out both, the mattress and the crib.
If you could pack all your love for your baby in a crib mattress, you would. Since you can’t do that, the next best thing is to choose the mattress with real care.
Choose the Safety First crib mattress for the best possible safety standards. After all, your baby deserves nothing less.
No odor, no mold or mildew, and total comfort are what you’ll give your child with the Dream On Me Twilight mattress. The dreamy comfort of this mattress has to be seen to be believed.
If extra protection is what you want in a crib mattress, order the Kolcraft portable crib mattress now. The ease with which it can be shifted around is an added advantage you’d not want to miss.
For a compact little crib, ideally suited for a toddler, the LA Baby compact mattress is a perfect choice and worth the small amount you’d need to shell out for it.