Today's active lifestyles and hectic schedules demand more variety than ever before, and stroller manufacturers have answered the call with a plethora of styles. From the styles of the turn of the century to the modern athletic trend, there are many types of baby strollers:
- traditional baby prams, similar to the bassinet style baby carriage in which you may have, at one time, felt at home;
- modern style strollers which can accommodate from infants through toddlers;
- umbrella and lightweight strollers for convenient trips to the local store;
- jogging strollers to handle the fast pace of the day's routine run; and
- all-terrain strollers for outdoor recreation and strolling across rough terrains.
Along with each of the many baby stroller types comes a broad selection of features. From wheel size to handlebar height there are many standard features to be considered. There are also may optional, and add-on, features that need to be considered, ranging from storage and snack trays to sunroofs.
Before you find yourself getting caught up in the details of stroller features, take the time to think about your lifestyle, your activities, your personal style, and how the stroller needs to fit to your daily activities. Be sure to ask yourself questions such as:
- Will I be using the stroller for a lot of long trips or mostly local outings about town?
- What about taking walks around the neighborhood, at the beach, or in the local park?
- Do I want to continue (or start) physical activities such as running?
- Will we be participating in outdoor recreation activities?
- Which vehicles will be used for transporting the baby stroller?
Once you address these questions for yourself, you will be able to focus in on a true apples-to-apples comparison of baby strollers and their features and will be more able to select the best match for your lifestyle and your satisfaction.